Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Motivation Post

     Our countdown to Color is getting so close now!  The weekend might be a little crazy, so please bear with me on postings!  I will get everything together (planning to have the disposables developed the same day as the race!) for post race eye candy photo posts as soon as I can!

    I've talked with a couple of my teammates, and today I wanted to put a few of my favorite inspirational (and a few funny) random internet grabbings from here and there (thanks Pinterest), because we're all getting a little pre race jitters at this point, and a little motivation and inspiration is always helpful for that!

    So, breathe deeply, and remember why you run!  Everyone has a reason that makes them slog through, even when it feels like you can't go another step.  Let that be your anti jitter mantra-- think of a phrase and keep saying it to yourself if it gets tough (or you get nervous beforehand).  If you like any of these, use them too!

I know it doesn't always feel that way, but it is happening! It's good to remind yourself in the midst of a tough run!


This is just hilarious.


I like this one for any situation, but especially with running. :)


I have done this, seriously.  The beer is a home, just run for the beer!


My friend calls it "getting the snakes out of your head"-- thank you Iantha!


Except that one team that made a motorized couch...(yes, that did happen!)

Another good one for any situation!

If that doesn't motivate you to get to the finish, then you are dead! :)

We have realized that this is the advantage to races in the morning.

This was the first running quote that really motivated me-- I love this artwork too!


    And finally, please check out the link below for a video that was requested by one of my teammates (a woman I consider and call my "Other Mother"-- my mom and I both are lucky to have her!) for a song that is both appropriate for the Color Run, and soothing as it can be.  We used this song in our wedding, and it just floods me with happy, calming memories.



What motivates you to keep running?   Is there a song that soothes you and calms your nerves any time you hear it?  Let me know!










No comments:

Post a Comment