Sunday, July 7, 2013

Color Run-- One Week and Counting!

      The Color Run in Jackson is just a week away now!  I am team captain for our 10 person team (Sacre' Bleu is our name!  You should say hi if you see any of us!) and I am so excited about the upcoming race!  We had shirts made for everyone, and I put together goody bags on Friday for each teammate too-- just as a little thank you (including a hand written note) because it takes some time and dedication to do a race on a team, even a fun run like this one!

I've already delivered a few, but here are some of them, ready to go next weekend!

     Included in the baggies were:

Not a bad spread!  Plus, the sticker is the shirt tag from Custom ink, the octopus is a sticker!  Love it!



  • Color Run t-shirt (custom printed by the awesome Customink.com!  They did a bang up job, and were so helpful!)

Thanks guys, they turned out wonderful!


Look at all that Bleu' goodness!  I am seriously loving these creations!




  • A packet of Gu and a Clif Bar-- a lot of our team doesn't run much, so we thought that would be helpful before and after the 7am start!



  •  A water bottle-- in blue, of course!



  • A lei-- for some color on race morning!



  • Chap stick-- because that is my biggest weird issue running, I get chapped lips no matter the time of year!

      Total cost of each bag (minus the t-shirt, which our awesome team chipped in for) was only $3.25! It isn't much, but it is a great way to show your team that you appreciate how much they mean to you!  So, next time you find yourself heading up any team, scoot over to your local dollar store (seriously, those places are gold mines for stuff like this-- literally all of my items came from there, except the Gu the Hare and I have stockpiles of from Christmas and Easter)


    Also, before I go, here's a sneak peek of part of my race day outfit-- I am fully in the Color Run spirit now!  I am seriously so excited to wear this, it's a little ludicrous.



     Because who doesn't want to wear rainbow tutus and tube socks on a weekend morning?!  Apparently, not my team-- I am the only silly one who will don this much color spirit, but that's totally fine!  I'll just be sure to have enough for all 10 of us!  This race is the reason I first got the hair brained (and amazing) idea to run stuck in my head, so it is such an important morning for us!  This one isn't about times, or PR's or anything of the sort-- for me at least, it's about the goal we set in January, and not giving in!  In fact, it gave us the bug badly enough to sign up for several more races in the next year!


Have you ever been a team captain?  Have you ever run a Color Run, or any run where you could dress in goofy costumes?  Let me know what you think below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment