Monday, July 15, 2013

Color Run Completed!

     We did it!  The Color Run was a fantastic success!  The weekend was long, so thanks for bearing with me, I left my laptop at home (it's on it's last poor little leg anyway, I figured it deserved the rest too!) but we did arm ourselves with 2 disposable cameras to capture all the fun.

The packet opening!  Our dog played with the headband, so it didn't make it into the photo!


     We started out with dinner on Friday night, with all of the team, and several friends!  We dined at Sal and Mookie's, a local pizza and ice cream place with an awesome beer list (hey, that counts as hydrating and carb loading, right?!)

Group picture-- we took up the whole patio!

      Saturday morning we all got up and ready to go, and met up to walk over to the start line.  It may have been early, but we were all pumped!  Thankfully, it wasn't even too hot (for July... in Mississippi!)



      We had to wait for our wave to get out of the starting gate (there were over 2900 people registered!), so we had time to take photos and be goofy.

A start line conga?  Why yes, I think we will!

The hare and his brother and parents-- ready for some color!

My mom and my "other mother"!  They wore hats (a smart decision!!)


      We finally got started, and we were off!  The Hare and I timed ourselves just for fun, but didn't bother with music or anything else (except a camelbak to carry everything, and water to rinse our mouths out after color zones!).  It was so lovely-- and everyone was so positive!

Going over the bridge at the start of the race-- it was so beautiful out!


I got a shot with the Runicorn!  I also look horribly poufy because I am leaning backward!

Disposable cameras really do take good shots-- we never stopped running, and this came out well

The Hare's dad (father in law) got "smurfed!"

It really was pretty happy!  I just wondered how well the street cleans off afterward!

Father in law getting some orange! (He's the one with arms up, my mother in law is behind him in pink!)

My mom and other mother coming in for a photo finish!


It almost looks like it has a halo-- I know we were all glad to cross it!


the group, post run, but pre party!


      After the race we all waited for the whole group to get back together (and cheer each other into the finish!) and then we headed for the color party!  There was awesome music and we just danced and goofed around until the color throw (which we got much more color on us there than during the race itself!)
Posing with the promo sign-- we had to!

There was a ton of sidewalk chalk around, and we wrote our team name!

Ready for the throwing!  I got my favorite color!




The Hare captured both of these-- it was amazing he got them on disposables, but these are my favorites!


In case you're wondering, this is what the inside of the giant color throws look like!

Here's what they look like after the dust settles a little.

Post throw photos-- lots more color added!

Me and my wonderful friends!

Here's what happens when you wear a camelbak to a run like this!

Even Akasha's sweat was colorful and happy that day!

We did it! (And we found a Color Run beach ball on the walk home!!)


     So, that was our Color Run adventure!  It was amazing, and we hope to be able to do it again!  It's inspired us to keep at it-- especially because we beat our fastest time!  We walked some (lots of folks, so we had to slow down) but even at a fairly easy pace we were faster!  That by itself was great for us-- we let ourselves have fun, and we got to share it with family and friends on top of it all!  The race staff and volunteers were great, and everyone said they enjoyed it.  I can't wait for our next race!

What was your favorite race?  How did you feel the first time you beat your PR?  Do you take a camera to races, or have you used a disposable camera?  Tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment