Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Personal Update Post

   Apologies for taking a short break-- I've been out and about the past few days!  I love seeing friends and family, even though it does make my schedule wonky.  The Hare and I ran a 5 mile trail run over the weekend, and though we walked a bit more than I had hoped, we still did it, and actually in good time too (1:01)!!  The hills are brutal on the trail we ran, and the main trail we ran is covered in tiny gravel, so sometimes the going is a little tough (especially for 2 road runners like ourselves).  My legs are still unhappy about it a little, but it's the good sore feeling you get when you know that you've done well!  With the hot August weather in full swing too, I'm amazed that we did do as well as we did. :)

    We walked a lot of the up hills (the steep ones, the gravel made it tough, really...I'm not pansy-ing out!) but on the downhills we got to feel what being an elite athlete with a 5 minute mile might feel like.  Consequently, it looked mostly like this:



    It was fun though-- through sweat and screaming downhill flights.  I got the chance to dance (after a reaalllyyy long break) too-- so my body is a little extra tired from all of my using it lately!

    Oh, one last thing-- I found this the day before our laundry day a while ago, but kept forgetting to post it.  I giggled so hard when I saw it, because I could look around and see all of the things were true (except the medals since I made and posted about the awesome medal hanger)!  Does this ever happen to you?



4 comments:

  1. You guys have made great progress since January. I know you two are proud! My husband and I are right behind ya'll though we are trying to lose weight too. Oh, and we're just north of you guys in the Delta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has been wonderful so far. Hope ya'll are staying hydrated in all this August heat! We're cheering for you here! Do you have a plan you're following?

      Delete
    2. We finished C25k and have been just running at least three times a week (our goal). You guys might have inspired us to start training for a half marathon. Post those new medals in November!

      Delete
    3. Go for it! There are some great ones locally (within driving distance)-- and it has been so humbling to see how far our bodies can literally and figuratively carry us! Love your posts too! :)

      Delete