Friday, August 16, 2013

Humor and Inspiration

   I'm keeping it short and lighter today-- I like finding random inspiring (and usually funny) things here and there related to running.  It reminds me and the Hare that we're not alone, and that everyone feels at least some of the things we are feeling!  Enjoy!

This made me laugh so hard-- and I would do it too!


This is a serious one-- this is Katherine Switzer, the first woman to run in the 1967 Boston Marathon.  The photos show the race coordinator attempting to physically pull her out of the race, and her boyfriend stopping him so she could race!  I highly recommend reading more about her-- she's a lovely woman!

I love funny spectator signs.  I think humor will have to get me through our 13.1!

This one just speaks for itself-- and I have met my momma!


For couples-- I love this one. :)  It really has made such a difference in our marriage!

This is touching for me-- with joint problems, and being told I couldn't, this gives me a lot of inspiration.


Yep!  I have laughed at shoe prices...except running shoes!



We do this often, friends want to go out but with a 6 miler the next day we need sleep!!


I actually lay like this sometimes-- but the feeling changes to "when can we go again!" quickly.



This gave me chills when I read it!!


Both my mom, my "other mother" and I can attest to this-- it will be the SMALLEST rock ever you trip on!




We even have a separate "tech clothes" basket now! :)  Is that bad?



I want this bumper sticker!









2 comments:

  1. Those were cute and funny! I think it's great that I give so much attention to running - what I eat, when I go to bed, how often I do laundry, and more are all base on my running schedule. And I love having my hubby as my running partner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like our schedule gets bent around our training sometimes too! :) And husbands are the best running buddies!

    ReplyDelete